Global Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gaming site for all Gamers- Classically Trained & Newly Trained

HomeRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?

Go down 
+5
PSPowner
CiviCity
Protoman
eclipse148
Data2link
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Number of posts : 4282
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Activity/Vote Points : 1403
Awarded Points :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Empty
PostSubject: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 2nd 2009, 2:30 pm

OK- so here you go- What makes the Console (Not the game) be the top selling console. This isn't a Wii vs Xbox kind of discussion- just say what you think makes a console sell out the others Wink Have fun!
Back to top Go down
https://psp4m.forumotion.com
eclipse148
Game Developer
Game Developer

Female
Number of posts : 2598
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Icon_cool
Registration date : 2008-01-23
Activity/Vote Points : 571
Awarded Points :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 2nd 2009, 2:54 pm

Hmm... never really thought about this. I guess the unique features, like motion sensing, have to do with it. Also the ability to play DVDs, bluray disks, etc...

Customer support also has to do with it, I guess. I've read that some people didn't buy consoles because, in the past, that company didnt have good customer support.

I'll have to think more about this...
Back to top Go down
Protoman
Beta
Beta
Protoman

Male
Number of posts : 258
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2008-04-09
Activity/Vote Points : 49
Awarded Points :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 2nd 2009, 5:13 pm

I have split this up into sections.

Nintendo Wii wrote:

The reason that the Wii has sold so much is its "being Family Friendly" that being said, lately it has had a small amount of the "hardcore" and more of the "newbie" gamers. Most of the stuff is gimmicky too. motion controls looked cool from the start, and I will admit liking Twilight Princess and Dragon Quest Swords brawl was meh don't kill me.. but the system seems to be trying to please the entire family than one core group.

Microsoft Xbox 360 (moar liek the xbawksOHMYGODMYHOUSEISONFIRE 360 amirite?) wrote:

The xbox 360 has sold well.. I have to give it that.. but at the same time it was released a year before the PS3 and Wii, also the only decent games for it are First Person Shooters/war games.. and it might just be me.. but that genre gets old after a while. it is popular with people who think they are hardcore gamers because they play halo 3 and gears of war.. but little do they know that's not all there is to gaming. also the whole "live" experience is full of damn 7-12 year olds.. and why people are paying 50+ a year for that.. i will never know.

Sony Playstation 3 wrote:

The reason the PS3 is not selling right now is basically it's price. that is really the only thing holding it up at the moment. currently a bunch of new games are coming out for it. and I trust once Final Fantasy XIII Versus [a PS3 Exclusive] comes out, that it will be on top again. now.. it may just be me.. but it seems that there is a LARGE final fantasy fanbase.. 2.4 million copies of XII in japan int the first week. 4th best selling PS2 game of all time.. I think that just might be enough to make the Playstation top dog again.

Back to top Go down
CiviCity
Game Publisher
Game Publisher
CiviCity

Male
Number of posts : 1681
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? 902768
Registration date : 2008-03-26
Activity/Vote Points : 5
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 3rd 2009, 10:33 am

in my opinion
1) it should have a HD player or blue ray like the ps3.
2) free online play...like common why would u pay to play online...lol
3)a good and easy controller interface
4)not coast some thing like 800$ ...
5)a console that can accept older games from it same generation...like ps1 ps2 ps3 or xbox and xbox360
6)it has alot of games and not only like fighting games and war game
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CiviCity
PSPowner
Fanatic
Fanatic
PSPowner

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-11-25
Activity/Vote Points : 45
Awarded Points :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 3rd 2009, 1:22 pm

To me it would be free online, able to accept older generation games, A variety of games, and low cost makes a good game for me but if you use blu ray it could ruin the console. That's what makes a gaming console be a top seller
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 4th 2009, 12:49 pm

Protoman wrote:
I have split this up into sections.

Nintendo Wii wrote:

The reason that the Wii has sold so much is its "being Family Friendly" that being said, lately it has had a small amount of the "hardcore" and more of the "newbie" gamers. Most of the stuff is gimmicky too. motion controls looked cool from the start, and I will admit liking Twilight Princess and Dragon Quest Swords brawl was meh don't kill me.. but the system seems to be trying to please the entire family than one core group.

Microsoft Xbox 360 (moar liek the xbawksOHMYGODMYHOUSEISONFIRE 360 amirite?) wrote:

The xbox 360 has sold well.. I have to give it that.. but at the same time it was released a year before the PS3 and Wii, also the only decent games for it are First Person Shooters/war games.. and it might just be me.. but that genre gets old after a while. it is popular with people who think they are hardcore gamers because they play halo 3 and gears of war.. but little do they know that's not all there is to gaming. also the whole "live" experience is full of damn 7-12 year olds.. and why people are paying 50+ a year for that.. i will never know.

Sony Playstation 3 wrote:

The reason the PS3 is not selling right now is basically it's price. that is really the only thing holding it up at the moment. currently a bunch of new games are coming out for it. and I trust once Final Fantasy XIII Versus [a PS3 Exclusive] comes out, that it will be on top again. now.. it may just be me.. but it seems that there is a LARGE final fantasy fanbase.. 2.4 million copies of XII in japan int the first week. 4th best selling PS2 game of all time.. I think that just might be enough to make the Playstation top dog again.

I tend to agree with most of what you said. I used to love the PLaystations- in fact- I'm getting a PS2 next week. The Wii has outsold because of it's ingenuity(sp?) The Xbox 360 games are way over priced- and the variety is not there- and no- just because you play shooter games does not make you a hard core gamer. As far as a console being able to play Blue Ray? Forget it- I want my Blue Ray seperate! remember the DVD players in teh TV? One breaks you lose them both. No reason to have them all in one- I want to play games! Online play is important- I don't have wifi- but if I did- I would play online. The PS3 would be number one on my list if it wasn't so expensive and you could play PS2 games- I would have rather not had the Blue Ray included and have th eemulator instead- since like I said- I want my Blue Ray player to be seperate. So all in all- a console will outsell all others based on:

What the console can do- Inginuity
Price price price- as we learned- means alot!
Variety of games available for it
Backwards compatibilty
Online play
Durability- How many problems has it had?
Back to top Go down
Protoman
Beta
Beta
Protoman

Male
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :
3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Left_bar_bleue3 / 1003 / 1003. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 4th 2009, 5:05 pm

And I think that the PS3 and Wii have the 360 beat by far in durability. I think the PS3 might me more durable than the wii though, considering it has tiny flaps that can easily break off (you should look at my friends wii Razz)
Back to top Go down
billssabresyanks
Fanatic
Fanatic
billssabresyanks

Male
Number of posts : 899
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Icon_evil
Registration date : 2008-07-21
Activity/Vote Points : 184
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 6th 2009, 1:01 pm

games, games, games. the system needs to have games worth playing and there needs to be a variety.

other features such as dvd, blu ray, motion sensing enanches the value of the system but also the price.
Back to top Go down
YodaTheWise
Quickdraw
Quickdraw

Number of posts : 175
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? 401436
Registration date : 2008-07-24
Activity/Vote Points : 77
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 7th 2009, 9:13 am

Well since i bought a ps3 rather than a 360 i will tell u why.
1- bluetooth over 360's wireless.
that gives me the option to use my bluetooth keyboard and other stuff.
2- motion controls.
nothing really great but its fun.
2- free online.
360 u have to pay to play online. i played both and i don't see why its better to pay for something that doesn't give u any more options.
3- blueray
no big deal for me cause i don't have a hd tv but maybe in the future.
4- custom themes
360's menu sucks and u can't have themes on it( i don't believe so)
5-built in wifi
360's don't have it. either u have to have a direct connect or buy a wifi adapter thing.
6-game share!! i just got burn out paradise for free!!! yay
7-its SONY!! by far better then Microsoft
@Protoman i agree about why the ps3 isn't selling very good.
Its an investment.
oh one thing i forgot to say about the ps3, can't play ps2 games anymore!!! the gayest thing sony did!!!! if u are gonna buy a ps3, look for a old 40 gig with 4 usb ports in the front-those are backwords compatible.
Back to top Go down
ax.5000
ax.5000

Male
Number of posts : 1104
Activity/Vote Points : 207
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 7th 2009, 7:23 pm

Price, features, and Games (exclusive) are what make a Console a best seller (in my opinion)
Back to top Go down
Protoman
Beta
Beta
Protoman

Male
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 8th 2009, 12:24 pm

YodaTheWise wrote:

oh one thing i forgot to say about the ps3, can't play ps2 games anymore!!! the gayest thing sony did!!!! if you are gonna buy a ps3, look for a old 40 gig with 4 usb ports in the front-those are backwords compatible.

But at the same time its called keeping your PS2 xD
Back to top Go down
YodaTheWise
Quickdraw
Quickdraw

Number of posts : 175
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? 401436
Registration date : 2008-07-24
Activity/Vote Points : 77
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 8th 2009, 3:12 pm

Protoman wrote:
YodaTheWise wrote:

oh one thing i forgot to say about the ps3, can't play ps2 games anymore!!! the gayest thing sony did!!!! if you are gonna buy a ps3, look for a old 40 gig with 4 usb ports in the front-those are backwords compatible.

But at the same time its called keeping your PS2 xD
true but still its gay. And since i don't have a ps2, i can't buy cheap $5 ps2 games.
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Pixel
Pixel
Hiro

Male
Number of posts : 56
My Mood today is: : 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? 439997
Registration date : 2009-02-23
Activity/Vote Points : 29
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyFebruary 27th 2009, 6:46 am

My opinion would be...

1.It needs to get the player active
2.It needs to have great graphics
3.It needs to support your own music
4.It needs great games Razz
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyMarch 3rd 2009, 9:52 pm

THis topic is no longer giving points for participation- see the new topic if you want to earn points- or keep on discussing this one if you like Smile I will be adding points tomorrow to everybody who participated in this one. Thanks!

3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? 23468
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? EmptyMarch 6th 2009, 2:01 pm

Points have been added to everyone who participated Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?   3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller? Empty

Back to top Go down

3. What makes a gaming console be a top seller?
Page 1 of 1