Global Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gaming site for all Gamers- Classically Trained & Newly Trained

HomeRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

Sega Rally Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xXHotFuzzXx
Lagger
Lagger
xXHotFuzzXx

Male
Number of posts : 16
My Mood today is: : Sega Rally Review Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2009-06-05
Activity/Vote Points : 44
Awarded Points :
Sega Rally Review Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sega Rally Review Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

Sega Rally Review Empty
PostSubject: Sega Rally Review   Sega Rally Review EmptyJune 5th 2009, 1:50 pm

Sega Rally was released Oct 2007 and at it's time of release had alot of ground to cover, Typically this type of game has bombed on the psp due to two factors. Control issues and over-complexity!!
Sega Rally manages to get both of these right. With it's mixture of arcade racer styling and simplicity makes this game a winner.

I almost forgot about this game as I haven't played it for such along time, and I'm glad I've had the chance to review it for you all as it's a great game.
I did'nt know what to expect when I opened the box on release date and was pleasantly surprised with the graphics. They're very smooth and all the cars are nicely detailed with all the livery you'd expect from the Rally circuit.

You get a host of big name cars including Subaru, Mitsubishi, Citroen, Skoda, Ford, Hummer and many more. My favourite being the Ford Focus RS, lovely Sega Rally Review Wink The tracks are well drawn and look great making best use of the psp's fantastic colours. This really is a an interesting game to play reminiscent of the old arcade racers!! Fabulous.
The sounds are great and you have some nice Sega style commentary via yr co-driver whilst playing through the levels, bit cheesy but nice cheesy. The engine sounds are pretty realistic too adding to the overall affect.

The game has you covering lots of different types of terrain from mountain passes covered in snow, hard dusty tracks, gravel, tarmac and of course mud lots of it. The affect of this obviously is handling, the cars all handle differently and this coupled with the terrain makes it a blast to play and will have you power sliding in next to no time. Take time to watch the game and sega have added some unique touches, like the helicopter that passes over you at points during the races. These touches remind me so much of Outrun Coast 2 Coast.

The gameplay is fast and you need to make best use of yr brakes and excellerator to get the winning edge. There are several race modes from quick race, Championship, Time Attack and also an online multiplayer. I tried the online this evening and there was still peeps on there. FantasticSega Rally Review Biggrin

The championship mode is the main mode, splitting the races into three catagories. Premier, Modified and Master. Each has its own sub catagories-Amatuer, Professional, Expert, and ending with a Final. Progress can only be made gaining the required points by as many first place wins as possible, allowing the player to move to the next set of races. This is a good game for 20-30 min stints. But I hammered it to unlock all the cars, as you win more races you unlock better cars. As you get into the master class the difficulty goes up and I had a few swearing fits as the races can be really tough!!lol

All in all this is a Gem of a game. The graphics are great and it's and shiney and happy little bundle that will keep you busy for weeks. Add to this the replay value of the online support it's a cracking little racer. Nice one Sega!!Sega Rally Review Biggrin

Review Stats 7/10

PSP review, Sega Rally, Pocket Gamer
Back to top Go down
ktuck
Pixel
Pixel
ktuck

Male
Number of posts : 61
My Mood today is: : Sega Rally Review Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2009-09-14
Activity/Vote Points : 73
Awarded Points :
Sega Rally Review Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Sega Rally Review Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

Sega Rally Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sega Rally Review   Sega Rally Review EmptyNovember 19th 2009, 7:37 pm

i played the game its awesome, im good at racing games and shooting games i give it a SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile out of SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
Back to top Go down

Sega Rally Review
Page 1 of 1