Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Global Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gaming site for all Gamers- Classically Trained & Newly Trained

HomeRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gamermania
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 778
My Mood today is: : Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Icon_cool
Registration date : 2008-02-02
Activity/Vote Points : 775
Awarded Points :
Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Right_bar_bleue

Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Empty
PostSubject: Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read!   Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read! Icon_minitimeJuly 1st 2009, 11:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So I was reading around the Internet that Custom Firmware 5.00 M33 users were just blocked from accessing the PlayStation Store. Since I have two PSPs I thought I’d check this out for myself… I dug up my old PSP-1000 and upgraded it to 5.00 M33-6 (from 3.90 M33). With that I tried accessing the PSN store and likewise on my PSP-2000, which is already running 5.50 GEN-A.

5.00 M33-6: It’s true. You are now prompted with, “A system software update for the PSP system is required. For update methods, refer to the instructions for the PSP system.” And even with spoofing your version using the ol’ version.txt method — you’re still denied access.

5.50 GEN-A: Keep on… You’re still in business.

Silly move on Sony’s part… Why would you ultimately deny money from custom firmware users? I’ve purchased downloads, still do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Playstation Store Blocked! CFW Users Read!
Page 1 of 1