Global Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gaming site for all Gamers- Classically Trained & Newly Trained

HomeRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Number of posts : 4282
My Mood today is: : Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Activity/Vote Points : 1403
Awarded Points :
Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers Right_bar_bleue

Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers Empty
PostSubject: Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers   Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers EmptyJanuary 14th 2011, 10:44 pm

Hmmm... We will see how this turns out.

Article:

Last week, hacking group fail0verflow and well-known iPhone hacker George "GeoHot" Hotz revealed new hacks for the PS3 allowing pretty much anyone to run unsigned code on the system. Sony has yet to nullify this through "network updates" as promised, and has instead chosen to address this problem by filing temporary restraining orders against the hackers. Hotz posted the court documents on his own site after receiving them.

The court documents claim that the hacks violate the DMCA, and that "Already, pirated games are being packaged and distributed with these circumvention devices." Sony's restraining order is designed to "restrain" Hotz and the others from continuing to hack the PS3's protection measures, and from distributing their exploits.

Hotz doesn't seem worried about Sony's ire. "I would expect a company that prides itself on intellectual property to be well versed in the provisions of the law, so I am disappointed in Sony's current action," Hotz told the BBC. "I have spoken with legal counsel and I feel comfortable that Sony's action against me doesn't have any basis."

Source: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
https://psp4m.forumotion.com

Sony begins legal action against PS3 hackers
Page 1 of 1