Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Global Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gaming site for all Gamers- Classically Trained & Newly Trained

HomeRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Number of posts : 4282
My Mood today is: : Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Activity/Vote Points : 1403
Awarded Points :
Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Right_bar_bleue

Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 10:35 pm

POWER-POSTING
Power-posting is when board members post 'empty' messages to the board, in order to simply increase their number of posts more quickly. Examples of power-posting are replying to a message with only 'LOL' or 'I agree', but failing to contribute anything further to the discussion. If you reply to a message, make sure you have something to say. Power posting clutters up the forums, clutters up the 'new posts' function, and uses extra bandwidth and server space. While we don't mind people using bandwidth to chat usefully on the board, we do mind people using it just because they want a more impressive 'post counter'. If you're not sure if you're power-posting, take a moment and think it over before you post. If all your post contains is a 'LOL' or an emoticon, it's a power-post. If it adds something to the discussion, it isn't.

CROSS-POSTING
Cross-posting is when you post the same question to multiple forums (for example, posting in both Photoshop and Askfor help). This is not permitted. Any cross-posted topic will be immediately locked with a message suggesting that replies be directed to the original topic.

MISPLACED POSTS
Try to place your posts in the correct forum for the topic. Our forums have been carefully categorized so that most topics fit in one logical location. Any post that is deemed by the staff to be in the wrong forum will be moved to the correct location without warning. Most users can find these on your own but if you lose your thread, it is acceptable to contact one of the forum advisers asking where it has been moved.

THREAD HIJACKING
Thread hijacking is the process of replying to an existing thread with a different topic. This is tolerated but discouraged. It is better to start a new thread if you have a problem that is related to an existing posted issue but clearly different. On the other hand, it is better to respond to the existing thread with additional information if you have what appears to be the same problem.

Posts that hijack a serious thread with off-topic discussion are strongly discouraged and will often be deleted or edited by forum staff.

SPAMMERS
Repetitive posts by one user, or posting a new thread when one is already easily accessible can be considered spam. It's hard enough to let community members easily track this forum as days go on, they don't need to wade through two dozen threads about the same thing every day. Try searching first.

RESPECT OTHER USERS
Sometimes people can write something that you may find offensive. Before launching into a public condemnation though, please consider that the person may not have intended to cause offence. It is very easy to misinterpret a post on forums. There is absolutely no need to resort to insults. Respect others' views even if you disagree with them.

DO NOT FLAME
Flaming, in the most common sense definition, is saying something negative in an attempt to get a more negative response. This is completely and totally unacceptable. It will not be tolerated, and in most cases will be punished severely. Never resort to personal insults, never extend a debate beyond the topic on hand needlessly, and try to avoid patronizing language.

DO NOT FLAME THE STAFF
They have the final say. This forum isn't a democracy. Your vote doesn't always count. They try to please everyone they can, but in the end, they're charged with making this community as enjoyable for as many people as they possibly can. They can not always be right, nor can they please everyone with the decisions made, but they're doing their "jobs" and hopefully we can all agree that they're doing their bests to ensure a good community here.

If you feel that an eggregious oversight has been made, then pm the moderator group. Do not post complaints on the forum.

WHAT MAKES A GOOD POST:
Choose one topic per thread. Long many-paged threads are discouraged except in Off Topic/Try This. Try not to post multiple questions in a single topic -- this makes it difficult to search for specific problems. Post your question in only one forum; pick the most relevant forum and post there.

Stay on topic. When responding to an existing thread, attempt to focus on the original topic. If something comes up and you're inclined to post "that reminds me," or "we also need to consider..." determine whether it might be better to start a new thread, or if your statement even needs to be said at all.

Last edited by Data2link on July 8th 2008, 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://psp4m.forumotion.com
Ix E C H O
Fanatic
Fanatic
Ix E C H O

Male
Number of posts : 714
My Mood today is: : Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_cool
Registration date : 2008-03-02
Activity/Vote Points : 23
Awarded Points :
Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 10:41 pm

Wow, that was alot to Digest, but nice. this will keep the forums nice, usually people don't post anything like this until there forum is messy looking, and sorry if i've contributed to anything here, especially the off topic part...

I try to stay on topic but end up straying off the beaten path.

I'll try my best to follow all of this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RIPPER646
Pandora
Pandora
RIPPER646

Male
Number of posts : 1302
My Mood today is: : Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! 902768
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Activity/Vote Points : 278
Awarded Points :
Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 10:43 pm

ya me to its me and paradox that post the most but we will try to be careful
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :
Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 10:45 pm

lol- Thanks for trying, It has gottten a little out of hand. But I know we can fix it up. It takes all of us- a team to make it happen. I see your starting to though-I saw a few Off topic signs from you Wink Just make sure your not the one taking it off topic. Thanks for your help! And remember Ripper- Moderators set the example Smile

Woa- way too many smilies in there- deleted some:D- see there I go again! lol
Back to top Go down
Ix E C H O
Fanatic
Fanatic
Ix E C H O

Male
Number of posts : 714
Registration date : 2008-03-02
Activity/Vote Points : 23
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 10:48 pm

Yea, lol, from tonight on, im going to stay on topic and everything else.

I'll try to stay on topic if I see that its getting out of hand, ill stop it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 7th 2008, 11:43 pm

OK- good idea- and remember-you can always edit an off topic post you did to put it on topic (As long as it's meaningful or relevant)- that way it wont get deleted and affect your post count Wink
Back to top Go down
RIPPER646
Pandora
Pandora
RIPPER646

Male
Number of posts : 1302
My Mood today is: : Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! 902768
Registration date : 2008-02-06
Activity/Vote Points : 278
Awarded Points :
Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2008, 6:35 am

ya i know but fro me and paradox lol its hard cuase one thing leads to another and takes off somthimes i wish that the chat box could make it go up more but then eveyone would be posting dumb so so never mind and im trying real hard to not go Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! 996425
Back to top Go down
ax.5000
ax.5000

Male
Number of posts : 1104
Activity/Vote Points : 207
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2008, 4:32 pm

Good rules
Back to top Go down
Kwajo
Lagger
Lagger
Kwajo

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-02-21
Activity/Vote Points : 0
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 12th 2008, 11:41 am

I'm guilty of posting something in the wrong thread. For example I posted a pic of the new deep red god of war psp with the g.o.w silk screen on the back in the show off your psp section. I probably should have posted it in the thread that asked for psp wishlists or something. Remember (and sad to say) I'm not only learning about the PSP itself but I'm also learning how to do simple stuff you guys have probably done forever like post a pic (which I just learned how to do yesterday). I'm not totally illiterate when it comes to computers. It's just that I've never used online forums or anything like Myspace, Black Planet, etc. No excuses just giving all of you an idea of where I'm at with all this stuff. Anyway this site is fun. I may not be able to bring mind blowing diction and topics yet as I don't think I'm qualified to help anyone here, but I will add my 2 cents. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitimeMarch 13th 2008, 11:10 am

Manny- your new and it's given that that will ahppen- but these guys have been around and were spamming terribly- Smile Your doing fine. That's why we have mods- to move things to the right places. You'll get the hang of it- we were all there once Wink And any help is good- even if you post something that you've [learnt]- That doesn't sound right:001_huh: ] from someone on here- for instance you could post a tutorial in the various tutorials section about how to post pictures in the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!   Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Etiquette 101 Please Read!
Page 1 of 1