Global Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gaming site for all Gamers- Classically Trained & Newly Trained

HomeRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

2. What makes a good game?

Go down 
+8
Hiro
Mr. Al
rko1985
CiviCity
Data2link
billssabresyanks
PSPowner
eclipse148
12 posters
AuthorMessage
eclipse148
Game Developer
Game Developer

Female
Number of posts : 2598
My Mood today is: : 2. What makes a good game? Icon_cool
Registration date : 2008-01-23
Activity/Vote Points : 571
Awarded Points :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

2. What makes a good game? Empty
PostSubject: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 6th 2009, 1:31 pm

We all have our own opinion on how good a game is, but what is it that makes a good game?

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm still thinking about this one, but the story and gameplay definitely play a huge role for me when determining how good a game is.
Back to top Go down
PSPowner
Fanatic
Fanatic
PSPowner

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-11-25
Activity/Vote Points : 45
Awarded Points :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 6th 2009, 3:57 pm

I think gameplay, multiplayer (if it has it), story, graphics, and sound makes a great game to me. Gameplay because it's basically the whole game besides story. Multiplayer because if you want to play with your friends online it should have good servers and if it doesn't there might as well not be multiplayer at all. Story because it can be confusing if you jump from random topics it's kinda weird, you would be like "WTH? What did I just do" and you would just let it collect dust after that or snap the disc in half. Graphics because some poor graphic games like ds games can hurt your eyes bc all you really see is little squares put together. Sound because unrealistic sound in a game can be a little annoying in my opinion. Bad sound to me can ruin a game. That's what I think makes a great game.
Back to top Go down
eclipse148
Game Developer
Game Developer

Female
Awarded Points :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue5 / 1005 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 6th 2009, 4:08 pm

PSPowner wrote:
Graphics because some poor graphic games like ds games can hurt your eyes bc all you really see is little squares put together.

I dont think graphics are very important, bad graphics dont bother me at all... I still think that games I played when I was, like, six are good, despite the graphics.

When your character's arm sticks out at weird angles in a FPS *cough*RedSteel*cough*, it does kinda bug me, though.

PSPowner wrote:
Sound because unrealistic sound in a game can be a little annoying in my opinion. Bad sound to me can ruin a game.

True, unless it fits the game.

Another thing is voice acting, if the game has it. Sometime's the actor's voice just doesnt fit the character he's playing at all.
Back to top Go down
PSPowner
Fanatic
Fanatic
PSPowner

Male
Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2008-11-25
Activity/Vote Points : 45
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 6th 2009, 4:20 pm

eclipse148 wrote:
True, unless it fits the game.

Another thing is voice acting, if the game has it. Sometime's the actor's voice just doesnt fit the character he's playing at all.

that is true, like on GTAIV Niko's voice I think fits perfectly with the character. Niko sounds just like he should
Back to top Go down
billssabresyanks
Fanatic
Fanatic
billssabresyanks

Male
Number of posts : 899
My Mood today is: : 2. What makes a good game? Icon_evil
Registration date : 2008-07-21
Activity/Vote Points : 184
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 7th 2009, 11:18 am

i would say the story and characters. the story needs to have a point and needs to be worth playing. also a good game needs replay value so that you'll want to play it over and over again. multiplayer helps replay value. graphics don't need to be good to make a good game but it helps.
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Number of posts : 4282
My Mood today is: : 2. What makes a good game? Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Activity/Vote Points : 1403
Awarded Points :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 7th 2009, 1:34 pm

billssabresyanks wrote:
i would say the story and characters. the story needs to have a point and needs to be worth playing. also a good game needs replay value so that you'll want to play it over and over again. multiplayer helps replay value. graphics don't need to be good to make a good game but it helps.

Replay value is a big one for me too. Plus- it has to last, along wiht having a good story line- not too hard that you get frustrated- but hard enought to make you think about what to do next. Graphics aren't as important as the good story line and the amount of time it takes- I wnat more levels. I always look at the box and see how many levels it wil ltake to complete the game. One of my all time faves was Metroid.- I remember I had the book- and I couldn't believe how many levels it had- and the levels were huge!
Back to top Go down
https://psp4m.forumotion.com
eclipse148
Game Developer
Game Developer

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 25th 2009, 8:32 pm

Data2link wrote:
Replay value is a big one for me too. Plus- it has to last, along wiht having a good story line- not too hard that you get frustrated- but hard enought to make you think about what to do next. Graphics aren't as important as the good story line and the amount of time it takes- I wnat more levels. I always look at the box and see how many levels it wil ltake to complete the game. One of my all time faves was Metroid.- I remember I had the book- and I couldn't believe how many levels it had- and the levels were huge!

Same here. To me, the length of the game isn't too important as long as there's a lot of replay value in the game.
Some storylines arent bad if it takes you awhile to understand it, but if it's the kind of game where you ask more questions than you get answers for... It lowers my opnion on it.
Agreed.
Back to top Go down
CiviCity
Game Publisher
Game Publisher
CiviCity

Male
Number of posts : 1681
My Mood today is: : 2. What makes a good game? 902768
Registration date : 2008-03-26
Activity/Vote Points : 5
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 29th 2009, 10:36 am

huh ...if i like the game it means its a good one lol.....i dont know what makes a good game good...

umm the graphics of the game, the story line, the sound of it,not alot of those char glitche and cam glitches...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CiviCity
rko1985
rko1985

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-29
Activity/Vote Points : 0
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJanuary 29th 2009, 11:43 am

Graphics and AI for me. Storylines if it's not a sports game are important too.
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Number of posts : 4282
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Activity/Vote Points : 1403
Awarded Points :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyFebruary 2nd 2009, 2:23 pm

OK- so new topic wil lbe started- points for this one have been added to all who participated- thanks you guys! You can stiull discuss- just no points will be given out for new ones who join the discussion.
Back to top Go down
https://psp4m.forumotion.com
Mr. Al
Beta
Beta
Mr. Al

Male
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-08-27
Activity/Vote Points : 201
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJuly 4th 2009, 5:31 pm

For me the game has to be fun! I just bought 4 Korean imports of DJ Max. I played the crap out of the US version.

With all the songs and still having to learn how to play the 6 and 8 button modes, I will be playing these games for the next couple of years.

And that is what makes a great game series. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Pixel
Pixel
Hiro

Male
Number of posts : 56
My Mood today is: : 2. What makes a good game? 439997
Registration date : 2009-02-23
Activity/Vote Points : 29
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJuly 4th 2009, 8:02 pm

so ur talkin bout the Gameplay right?
cuz alot of ppl say The graphix wich is just horrible...
Back to top Go down
carlos78211
Obssesed
Obssesed
carlos78211

Male
Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2008-05-31
Activity/Vote Points : 63
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :
2. What makes a good game? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 1002. What makes a good game? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJuly 4th 2009, 8:37 pm

i would have to say graphics and storyline make a good game for me,
graphics because i have a ps3 and i wanna see the best out of it
storyline because i wanna be interested in the game and i wanna be anxious wondering whats gonna happen next,
example: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, great graphics and great storyline, looking forward to the sequel.
Back to top Go down
YodaTheWise
Quickdraw
Quickdraw

Number of posts : 175
My Mood today is: : 2. What makes a good game? 401436
Registration date : 2008-07-24
Activity/Vote Points : 77
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJuly 5th 2009, 7:12 am

Graphics, story, snipers.
I love first person games and if there is snipers in the game I will play it.
I LOVE TO SNIPE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hiro
Pixel
Pixel
Hiro

Male
Number of posts : 56
My Mood today is: : 2. What makes a good game? 439997
Registration date : 2009-02-23
Activity/Vote Points : 29
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyJuly 5th 2009, 1:01 pm

ok then... out of the 3 choices.... which one is best?

Graphics....Storyline....or sniping....

And pick one >.<
Back to top Go down
ktuck
Pixel
Pixel
ktuck

Male
Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-09-14
Activity/Vote Points : 73
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyNovember 18th 2009, 4:25 pm

the graphics and wat u like and how the story goes.Smile
Back to top Go down
jtuck
Pixel
Pixel
jtuck

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-11-18
Activity/Vote Points : 52
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? EmptyNovember 22nd 2009, 5:13 pm

u and the game grafics. some times the vidos that r good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2. What makes a good game?   2. What makes a good game? Empty

Back to top Go down

2. What makes a good game?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Global Gamers :: Miscellaneous :: Hot Topics-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com