Global Gamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gaming site for all Gamers- Classically Trained & Newly Trained

HomeRegisterLog in
* PSP 4ms will be starting the points system back up soon. Come on in and participate in forum discussions to earn points!

Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Number of posts : 4282
My Mood today is: : Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Icon_biggrin
Registration date : 2008-01-22
Activity/Vote Points : 1403
Awarded Points :
Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Right_bar_bleue

Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Empty
PostSubject: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyFebruary 9th 2008, 11:52 pm

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

Video 5

Video 6

Last edited by Data2link on February 27th 2008, 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://psp4m.forumotion.com
Andrei
Fanatic
Fanatic
Andrei

Male
Number of posts : 883
Registration date : 2008-01-25
Activity/Vote Points : 9
Awarded Points :
Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :
Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyFebruary 10th 2008, 5:32 pm

I don't have a mac, but good job on finding the vids.
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
My Mood today is: : Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Icon_biggrin
Awarded Points :
Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Right_bar_bleue

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyFebruary 10th 2008, 6:35 pm

Your welcome Very Happy And you don't need a Mac- just Fireworks. I have a PC- running XP, and it worked great for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Thick_propheT

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-06-10
Activity/Vote Points : 0
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyJune 11th 2008, 10:00 pm

I just watched all of these videos, and they're good, don't get me wrong, but he went over everything except what I wanted to know. I've tried to get the glow with photoshop but had no such luck. I was hoping he would say how to do it, but he never did... this is kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyJune 11th 2008, 10:09 pm

lol- I feel your pain- Did you get my PM over at PSU? I havn'e been back there yet- so I may be repeating myself- and maybe you tried it already- but do it this way:

make your first level icon it's normal size- then- only change the canvas size (Not the pic itself) to the Focuc icon size- then go to filter and pick blur- gaussian blur. IF you want you can click on the guassian blur and adjust it so it's bigger or smaller. Also- to fade it more- just make the opacity of that layer less- take it down to like maybe 50%. Let me know if that works. Maybe you can go ahead and make a few icons into a ptf file and send it to me so I can see what it looks like?
Back to top Go down
Thick_propheT

Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyJune 13th 2008, 8:13 pm

I've already posted an updated version, because I was showing it off to my friends. I've gotten the music icon made and the save data icon made, but no focus for the save data icon. I'll try that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Thick_propheT

Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyJune 15th 2008, 9:24 pm

Ok, so I'm trying this Gausian Blur thing, but what should I set it to? I don't know if this is going to work either, because when I go to save for Web and Devices, in the preview window, it still has a large white area around the icon. Oh well. I'm just going to make all of the icons and when I've gotten the glow thing down, then I'll add that later. http://www.psp-themes.net/misc-themes/jordano-v0.0.5-2487-psp-theme.htm
Here's the link to the latest version. The Icons turned out quite nice, if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyJune 16th 2008, 2:22 pm

Ok great- I will have to look at it when I get home (I'm at work Smile). Set the Guassian to whatever you want- I keep it the default- or less. I used to get the white around my icons too- it must be the way you are saving them- in fireworks, it has to be saved as "Flattened png" (Click on options) then make it "websnap adaptive" "256" with "alpha transparency"- I also know that if you bring the icon into fireworks with a shadow on it already- it will turn the shadow white. You need to bring in a clean icon and add the shadow once it's in fireworks.

Can't wait to see more of your work!
Back to top Go down
bkfinest
Lagger
Lagger
bkfinest

Male
Number of posts : 19
My Mood today is: : Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Icon_cool
Registration date : 2008-07-10
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyAugust 16th 2008, 10:32 am

for some reason options will not open on the save as part even after i clicked flattened png
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyAugust 16th 2008, 1:14 pm

[qoute] for some reason options will not open on the save as part even after i clicked flattened png {/qoute]

Sounds like a bug in Fireworks- you may need to re-install it?
Back to top Go down
bkfinest
Lagger
Lagger
bkfinest

Male
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyAugust 17th 2008, 9:30 am

its weird because the options doesn't work in save as but there is a window tab while making the icon which is in the option window so now i got it to work but thanks anyway. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Data2link
Admin
Admin
Data2link

Female
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyAugust 17th 2008, 11:44 am

Hmmm. That's different- going to hav eto see if it is on mine too. Glad you got it to work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bkfinest
Lagger
Lagger
bkfinest

Male
Awarded Points :

# Of Contests Won :

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 EmptyAugust 23rd 2008, 8:47 pm

Thanks me too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8   Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tutorial Video: How to make Icons in Fireworks 8
Page 1 of 1